Our explosions and explosives experts’ are involved in cases brought under the Explosives Act, the Terrorism Act and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
Our explosives experts can
- examine alleged IEDs and their component parts and assess the viability and possible effects of the initiated device.
- advise on the potential explosives applications and also on their non-explosives uses of items of interest.
- assess the usefulness of documents and materials alleged to be of use in manufacturing explosives.
- can examine items, check scientists’ findings, consider the viability of manufacturing explosives or IEDs from the paraphernalia recovered, evaluate the likelihood of successful manufacture
- discuss the potential effects of the end product.
- undertake casework involving incendiary devices and fireworks (including their modification for illicit purposes) and can advise on their construction, viability and explosive effects.